Ogo Hikotaro Shigeharu is a member of powerful clan, origin near Akagiyama in Gunma. When he moved to Ushigome in 1300, he separated and moved deity of his local shrine Akagi Jinja to Ushigome. The shrine had relocated some times and came to the present place in 1555.
In 1683, the Edo Shogunate approved it to be a local deity of Ushigome. It became to be called one of the three Shrines in Edo same as Hie Jinja and Kanda Myojin.